Managers with emotional awareness skills are able to navigate business and team challenges and lead employees towards a shared vision and business success. A leader’s capacity to be aware and self-manage your emotions and become attuned to your own needs as well as that of others can help you make better decisions and develop stronger relationships with staff, stakeholders, competitors, networks and fellow leaders.
The skills that will be developed through this workshop are relevant to a wide and diverse group of professionals, including:
- Members of the leadership and/or executive teams
- Business owners
- Human resource advisors
- Senior managers and supervisors
- Team members
- Customer service staff
- The principles and theory of emotional intelligence and how it can benefit organisational outcomes and your leadership capabilities.
- The effects of emotion on behavior, in both a negative and positive way.
- How emotional intelligence is closely connected to strong leadership, effective communication and the ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Using SWOT to identify your own strengths and areas of improvement.
- Understanding your hot triggers. I.e. the behaviours and values of others that can cause you to become frustrated and negatively affect workplace relationships.
- Using the internationally accredited psychometric tool, LSI1, to help you identify constructive thinking styles to improve emotional intelligence. This can help you identify any thinking styles that will reduce the effectiveness of your leadership and organisation.
- Becoming self-aware using DISC, an interactive activity designed to help you better understand your strengths in workplace behaviours. This will help you understand how you, as a leader, are perceived in negative aspects as well as identify ways you can adapt your leading style to get the best from team members and during interactions with others.
- Ways to improve your emotional intelligence.
- How to better communicate with others.
- How to use emotional intelligence to deal with difficult situations such as performance management and conflict.
- Resilience strategies that will help you better improve stress management for an effective work/life balance.
Beyond the many learnings you will take away from our workshops, you will receive a personal development plan based on your unique leadership needs; a work folder containing templates, strategies and tips; and an evaluation of your performance during the interactive workshop so you have a better understanding on areas of development that you should focus on.
We believe that a capped attendance allows us to provide our attendees with the most valuable experience. This creates the best learning setting that allows us to go through relevant case studies and answer any questions you might have. Our goal is to provide the tools and understandings you need to take what you’ve learnt and deliver it in the workplace, and we believe a more personalised and smaller workshop setting best achieves that. We will work with you and your business to suggest workshop sizes that will best suit the needs and outcomes of attendees so that business observes positive change.
Leadership & Performance Partners is committed to working with you and your business to develop programs that are suited to your needs, people and business environment.
For further information please contact Leadership & Performance Partners by any of the following options:
Phone: Ross Grace 0423 619162 or Mark Maguire 0458 526670
Complete the Contact Form in our ‘Contact’ section and we will respond to your enquiry.