Senior Leadership Development Program
Leaders have the highest impact on a business’ success when they have the skills and resources they need to show up as their best selves. This course will equip you with the ability to adapt your leadership style depending on the unique situation, motivate your staff for the best organisational outcomes, develop your leadership brand and establish credibility and trust within your team.
Leadership is the single most important factor that ensures everything within your business or team works smoothly and cohesively towards a unified goal, particularly during times of change and dysfunction. This course is designed to grow and improve your skills so your team and business can thrive.
Five day course over a five month duration.
Who should attend?
The skills that will be developed through this workshop are relevant to a wide and diverse group of professionals, including:
- Team leaders
- Business owners
- Senior managers and supervisors
- Motivated individuals looking to progress your career
Workshop 1 – Leadership
- Identifying effective Senior Leadership Behaviours
- Barriers to Leadership
- Leadership Styles – understanding your preferred Leadership Styles and how to adapt Situational Leadership depending upon the Task and the Situation
- Participants identifying their “Leadership Brand”
- Understanding what motivates team members
- Understanding the role of Leaders in developing team culture (Developing a Senior Leadership Team Culture of expected behaviours)
- Realistic conversational tools to reinforce good behaviour and manage poor performance and difficult conversations (e.g. FEB, 4 I’s, The Hot Stove Principle)
Workshop 2 – Emotional Intelligence for Senior Leaders
- Understanding the elements of Emotional Intelligence – how our emotions effect our responses and behaviour
- Identifying the how Emotional Intelligence is linked to Leadership and Team Dynamics
- Understanding your Strengths and Weaknesses
- Identifying your “Hot Buttons” – dealing with the “Amygdala” Brain Response.
- Strategies to reduce “Red Brain” behaviour and “ use your “Blue Brain” to your advantage
- Undertaking the LSI1 to identify thinking styles that will improve or impede leadership styles and interacting with others.
Workshop 3 – Communication for Leaders
- Understanding the communication model and how leaders effect the communication climate of the organisation
- Effective Communication Skills
- Barriers to communication and strategies to improve the process
- How to mentor staff (e.g. Assisting staff to understand their areas of development, using effective questioning techniques to assist staff to identify strategies to develop and improve their performance)
- Strategies to deal with conflict
- Understanding how to negotiate with others in the workplace.
Workshop 4 – Managing Team Performance
- Understanding the benefits of Performance Management
- The role and responsibilities of the Team Leader
- Planning for a performance discussion
- Having the performance conversation and follow up
- Understanding Team Dynamics
- The benefits of workplace diversity.
Workshop 5 – Change Management Strategies for Business Leaders
- Continuous Improvement Strategies
- Decision Making Tools
- Understanding the Change Management Process
- Communicating Change within the business
- Influencing and persuading others
- Negotiation Strategies.