On Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd October 2020, Leadership & Performance Partners were invited to be guest speakers at the BHP Mt Arthur Supervisor Team Days held at Muswellbrook RSL.
The topic was the Initial Response to Incidents, with the one hour presentation providing those in attendance information in relation to:
- Purpose of Investigations of Incidents
- Statutory and legislative requirements (Notifiable Incidents & Non-Disturbance Sites)
- Initial Response – controlling emotions; making the area safe; first aid response)
- Site security and maintaining incident site integrity
- Collecting Information / Evidence
- Taking Versions from Witnesses
- Interview Questions and Questioning Techniques
- Securing Evidence
Many thanks to Andrew Marsh and Ross Carlson from BHP for providing us with the opportunity to speak with engaged audiences, with some great questions and feedback at the end of each session.