HANDS ON INVESTIGATION TRAINING WORSKHOPS AT LIDDEL COAL OPERATIONS
Leadership & Performance Partners have had a great opportunity working with Liddell Coal Operations in developing site-specific training to assist OCE’s and Supervisors to carry out quality incident investigations incorporating the “5 whys” tool to identify contributing factors.
A unique aspect of these workshops involved the following concepts:
1 Classroom delivery covering the following areas:
- Understanding the purpose of carrying out Incident Investigations
- What does a quality investigation look like?
- Understanding the Investigation Process
- Securing the incident scene, taking photos and capturing evidence
- Effective Interview techniques (Planning and Questioning)
- Using the PEEPO method for data collection and identifying contributing factors
- Developing “Timelines” of incidents
- Understanding and using the “5 Whys” methodology
- Developing recommendations based on evidence
2 Liddell Coal Operations invested the time and resources to have “mock incidents” set up in the workplace with relevant equipment and involved staff. This achieved the following outcomes:
- Participants had the opportunity to practice the skills and learnings in a hands-on environment (e.g. scene preservation, identifying witnesses and information sources at the scene)
- Preparing Interview plans.
- Developing an “Incident Investigation Timeline”
- Using the “5 Whys” methodology to identify contributing factors
- Using the “Just Cause Model” to identify findings and recommendations.
Participants were provided with a participant guide which involved in class activities and also as a reference guide for future investigations.
They were also provided with a Certificate of Attendance which provided participants with evidence of Maintenance of Competencies.
If Leadership & Performance Partners can assist you business to develop Incident Response and Investigation Skills contact either Ross Grace 0423 619162 or Mark Maguire 0458 526670.