Leadership and Performance Partners facilitated an interactive Team Building Day with Delta Power on the 27th November 2019. The workshop focused on several key areas including:
• What are the characteristics of High Performing Teams?
• What are the Advantages and Disadvantages that teams bring to the organisation?
• Using effective Team Decision Making Strategies.
• Identifying the Strengths of the Team and focusing on Challenges and improvements for team performance and productivity
• Developing a Team Charter for Behaviours Above and Below the Line.
Some of the Key learnings and discussion points from the day were:
High Performing Teams require the following characteristics:
• Open, honest communication
• Keeping each other accountable
• Taking the time to listen and understand the views of others
• Using the skill and experience of Team Members
• Understanding and focusing on the goals, objectives and outputs of the team
Improving Innovation in the Team required:
• Listening to the new ideas of others without judging
• Discussing the idea, its consequences and the positive and negative risks of the change
• Trying the new idea. Allow people to “Give it a crack and fail”
Acceptable Team Behaviours (Above the Line)
• Respecting people’s views and opinions
• Active Listening
• Giving and Receiving Feedback
• When identifying problems, also Identify possible solutions
Unacceptable Behaviours (Below the Line)
• Not helping other team members
• Being negative
• Starting and Circulating Rumours
• Unfounded Criticism
Thanks to all the participants from Delta Power who were prepared to be involved and sharing their knowledge & experience.