Life Styles Inventory (1 & 2) – empower your people to become better at what they do
The Life Styles Inventory is an organisational tool that uses both self-assessment and colleague feedback to empower people to become better at and enjoy more from everything they do.
Designed for managers, leaders and team members, the tool has helped millions of people to identify their individual thinking and behavioural styles so they can understand and change them to better suit their environment and the outcome they wish to have.
How it works?
The Life Styles Inventory tool has three parts:
- LSI 1 or Life Styles Inventory 1: a highly validated tool that is used to identify your thinking styles and provide insight into how your thinking may affect your behaviour, communication and decision making. After completing the tool, you will receive a visual picture of your thinking style in the form of the Human Synergistics Circumplex (see below for more information).
- LSI 2 or Life Styles Inventory 2: this involves nominating up to nine others who will be requested to complete an LSI 2 questionnaire online through which they can rate your behaviours. The results are complied to provide you with 360 feedback in the form of a Human Synergistics Circumplex.
- Your facilitator will take you through the resulting Human Synergistics Circumplex and guide you through your strengths, unrecognised strengths, blind spots and stumbling blocks. He/she will also guide you in finding strategies to change they way you think and behave for better outcomes.
What is the Human Synergistics Circumplex?
A picture tells a thousand words, and the Human Synergistics Circumplex is certainly testament to that.
This practical visual device gives you constructive insight into your thinking styles and how they relate to your behaviour, and breaks down the factors underlying performance effectiveness.
The tool will help you to:
- See the thinking and behavioural styles that are driving the performance of people and groups in your organisation, as well as the organisation itself.
- Access a common language that you can use to quantify and discuss individuals’, teams’, managers’, and leaders’ behavioural styles and approaches, as well as to look at the culture of your organisation.
- Create a foundation for developing your people, improving performance, and enriching your culture.
As you can see in the image, the Circumplex breaks down the factors underlying performance effectiveness according to 12 behaviours or styles, that can then be further grouped into three general clusters:
- Constructive styles encourage the attainment of organisational goals through people development; promote teamwork and synergy; and enhance individual, group, and organisational adaptability and effectiveness.
- Aggressive/Defensive styles lead people to focus on their own needs at the expense of those of their group and organisation, and this behaviour can lead to stress, turnover and inconsistent performance.
- Passive/Defensive styles lead people to subordinate themselves to the organisation, which can result in stifled creativity and initiative and cause the organisation to stagnate.
The blue, green and red colouring graphically depicts statistical results and the strength of each style based on a percentile score. It allows you to see how your individual group or organisational results compare with thousands of other organisations who have participated in the research.
Use Life Styles Inventory to empower your team, leaders and organisation
Leadership & Performance Partners’ facilitators are experienced in helping businesses use Life Styles Inventory for improved performance of their employees. We will work with your team to deliver the profiling tool, analyse the answers and provide meaningful insights into how you can use your results to improve your workplace environment and culture.
Leadership & Performance Partners is committed to working with you and your business to develop programs that are suited to your needs, people and business environment.
For further information please contact Leadership & Performance Partners by any of the following options:
Phone: Ross Grace 0423 619162 or Mark Maguire 0458 526670
Complete the Contact Form in our ‘Contact’ section and we will respond to your enquiry.