Conflict Management Workshop – How to Deal With Difficult People
This workshop will give you the knowledge and confidence you need to better deal with difficult people in the workplace, overcome personality clashes, work through communication breakdowns or miscommunication and even reduce conflict in your own life.
This one-day, interactive program will help you identify the root causes of conflict and how certain behaviours impact others, and will give you strategies to help you deal with difficult people in an effective and appropriate manner.
Through case study scenarios, group work and realistic role plays, you’ll be able to reflect on your own work environment, self-evaluate your responses and take with you a better way of managing these situations into the future, so you can become a stronger and more effective leader.
Any person who needs to gain a basic understanding of negotiation principles and strategies. The Conflict Management Workshop would be ideal for people new to a leadership role within the business as well as:
- Senior Managers
- Small Business owners
- Team members
- HR professionals
- Understanding why people are difficult: learn how to examine the reasons that people behave and react to situations; identify the drivers of status, value and control that result in conflict; and understand the Iceberg concept of conflict and bad behaviour.
- How to become more self-aware of your behaviours and approach: learn how you cope with difficult behaviour (The Amygdala highjack); identify your psychological reactions to conflict (Blue Brain vs Red Brain); and determine your personal hot triggers and the ways you can remain calm in those situations.
- Practical techniques for dealing with aggressive behaviour, blaming behaviour, defensive behaviour and passive behaviour.
- How to communicate effectively during conflict using active listening; effective body language; questioning techniques (open, probing and hypothetical); setting up the context for agreement and a positive outcome; the concept of the 4 F’s; and dealing with unrealistic demands.
- Use the empathy tool to plan for a meeting or discussion.
- Strategies that can help you provide feedback in both informal and formal settings.
- Participate in realistic role plays that will help you better implement the strategies and tools you’ve learnt in the workplace.
Beyond the many learnings you will take away from the workshop, you will receive a personal development plan based on your unique performance management needs; a work folder containing templates, strategies and tips; lunch and refreshments; and an evaluation of your performance during the interactive workshop so you have a better understanding on areas of development that you should focus on.
We believe that a capped attendance allows us to provide our attendees with the most valuable experience. This creates the best learning setting that allows us to go through relevant case studies and answer any questions you might have. Our goal is to provide the tools and understandings you need to take what you’ve learnt and deliver it in the workplace, and we believe a more personalised and smaller workshop setting best achieves that.
Leadership & Performance Partners is committed to working with you and your business to develop programs that are suited to your needs, people and business environment.
For further information please contact Leadership & Performance Partners by any of the following options:
Phone: Ross Grace 0423 619162 or Mark Maguire 0458 526670
Complete the Contact Form in our ‘Contact’ section and we will respond to your enquiry.